The Powers Company is a management consulting firm that specializes in assisting companies in all industries achieve objectives through improvement performance and resource utilization. Working with every level of management, The Powers Company focuses on all organizational and cultural issues, with a special emphasis on developing accountability and leadership at the employee and front-line supervisory levels.
Our process not only enables us to develop solutions that address the unique issues and goals of every client, regardless of the company size or industry, it also makes it possible to install the process into the client’s operation and culture, ensuring lasting results and continuous improvement.
As a Consultant with The Powers Company you will primarily work in manufacturing environments, equipping managers and supervisors with tools, controls and most importantly behaviors required to manage operations to full capacity. You must be a roll-up your sleeves, go-getter, working shoulder to shoulder to drive behaviors on the plant floor that optimizes performance. You will lead individuals through the change management process delivering substantial improvements and measurable results with no formal authority.
A Project Manager will direct you daily through this process and a willingness to learn and take direction is a must. The Consultant position requires having the confidence and ability to execute an aggressive result focused schedule.
- Education: Industrial Engineer, System or Manufacturing Engineer, or Business Administration
- Must have a BA/BS — preferably MBA
- MUST BE A TEAM ORIENTED PERSON
- Ability to think & reason in a rational and professional manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Soft skills are a must
- Willingness to take direction from senior management while teaching in a positive manner to be a change agent
- Extreme focus and attention to details
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A strong work ethic – energetic, passionate, with humor, compassion and enthusiasm
- Experience completing operation studies, capacity analysis, lost time identification and root cause analysis
- Excellent computer skills (Word, medium to advanced level Access, advanced level Excel to include pivot tables) experience with SQL or ERP system experience a plus
- Strong communication skills – this position requires facilitating workshops with 10-30 participants
- Experience with production planning and scheduling
- People skills – ability to lead rapid change with no formal authority
- Experience in Continuous Improvement Systems (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Strong business acumen
- Minimum of three years in an Operational Management position
- Production or Manufacturing Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager — a plus
- Commensurate Consulting experience helpful
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Must have a valid credit card
- Must be able to travel 100%
- Fluent in Spanish or a second language plus
- Valid passport to accept international assignments is helpful but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send cover letter with salary requirements as well as resume to email@example.com .