Facing significant operational and cultural performance challenges, POWERS facilitates rapid and sustainable improvements.
Our client is a private equity firm and their portfolio company is in the business of sourcing, processing, and marketing high-quality value-added food products from around the world to the foodservice and retail markets.
Their primary expertise is in coated products with world-class product development and processing capabilities to coat seafood and farm-fresh products utilizing the full spectrum of available coating formulas. From breadcrumbs and cracker meals to flours and batters, as well as flavor-infused glazes, they specialize in making products that taste great and are easy to prepare.
When we first engaged with our client, they faced significant operational and cultural performance challenges that prevented them from fulfilling customer orders and inhibited market share growth.
- Struggled to scale outmoded paradigms that had worked for years
- Faced a generational management transition, as retiring managers take their years of experience with them
- With numerous orders behind schedule
- manufacturing was choosing to operate sub-optimally, with minimal production runs
- Lost Time was nearly equal to production time
- No One Point Lessons (OPL) learned or even existed at the execution level
- The company operated on a “whatever it takes to get it out the door,” mentality
- A workplace culture of constant firefighting