Gainesville, Ga. February 26, 2018 - “We are very excited to kick off 2018 with a new high profile client with such a well known business in Central California. We are starting at their largest facility (2,400 people) with the potential for six more facilities.” says Sean Hart, COO with The Powers Company (TPC). “Most important is the fact that our previous clients were very instrumental in facilitating this relationship”, adds Sam Sottile, Managing Partner of Business Development with TPC.
Randall Powers adds, “We have seen several rising trends in 2017 and 2018 that companies are now challenged with”:
1) a significant shortage in qualified and well trained labor, and front-line leaders.
2) productivity and efficiency have stagnated, or declining at a faster rate (see #1).
3) their significant investment in Lean / 6 Sigma is not producing results. They got it wrong.
4) the Supervisory role is now quintessentially even more important than ever due to shortage of labor and the need to keep and retain good employees.
5) the heightened need to develop a highly engaged, inclusive, involved, meaningful, trusting culture where front line managers and leaders have the skill to correctly execute this culture.
6) real lack of accountability and ownership of performance with managers and front-line leaders. Companies are struggling to develop these with their leaders.
“Our current client understands this economic situation and wants to achieve a culture where their front-line leaders are a competitive weapon in the marketplace and employees are eager to actively participate and be a part of a winning culture. And they always want significant improvements in performance as well”, adds Randall.
About The Powers Company
The Powers Company is headquartered in North Atlanta and assists companies in substantially improving operational performance. Our improvement methodology is effective in areas of the business from sales, operations, quality, engineering, project management, procurement, scheduling, inventory control, logistics and customer service. The company serves businesses in the manufacturing and service sector as it relates to the operations side of the business. To learn more visit us at: www.thepowerscompany.com
Contact: Jennifer Efferson at The Powers Company
Phone: (678) 971-4711